Guess what? It’s FRIDAY! Try not to get that Rebecca Black song stuck in your head. What’s that? You just did? Oops… sorry not sorry.
Today’s Friday Five feature is going to be all about the 5 lippies I’m currently and have been obsessed with. For me, summertime is perfect for a natural look around the eyes, a sun-kissed glow, and beautiful, bold, bright lip color, and even though it’s about time to start transitioning to beautiful berries and fall colors, I’m still rocking these. Follow the cut to find out more (including swatches) about the lovely lippies that gave me the perfect summer pout.
- Tarte Glamazon Pure Performance Lipstick in Foxy ($16). I picked this up last year on HauteLook for about $7, unsure about the color. It took me a whole year to really get up the nerve and makeup skills to wear it properly, but it was a regular on my lips. The formula is creamy, the color pops (the swatch doesn’t quite do it justice) and it’s long lasting. When eating and drinking I do have to reapply about midday, but it lasts better than any other lipstick I’ve used. The packaging is a little taller than most lipsticks, but it makes it easy to find in the makeup bag and the wood-look packaging is a great choice to whip out during casual summer brunches on a patio.
- Bite Beauty High Pigment Pencil in Chablis ($24). This color’s a wee bit darker than my other choices, but not by much. The color is long lasting, doesn’t feel dry, and has a soft sheen. It was perfect to swipe on quickly and easy to apply. The best part about this lip crayon/pencil in particular is that it twists up and doesn’t require sharpening.
- Bite Beauty Lush Fruit Lip Gloss in Belini ($22). Full disclosure, this color is not currently available for purchase on Sephora’s site, so I simply linked a close color. Belini was part of a special little Point Perks reward that also included a mini lipstick and an adorable little mirror. I picked this up at the most recent VIB Rouge Beauty Before Brunch event and ERMEHGAD. I didn’t wear anything else on my lips for about a week and a half when it got buried in my purse and I almost cried thinking I’d lost it. I haven’t really tried the matching lipstick, but who needs it when I’ve got a beautiful, long-lasting, perfectly glossy gloss that makes my lips feel soft and smooth. It’s long-lasting, it’s beautiful, you should buy at least one in a pretty color that you like. This is probably my top summer pick, even if I haven’t had it all summer long.
- Revlon Colorstay Moisture Stain in 025 Cannes Crush ($9.99). This was my first favorite summer lippie. I can’t count the number of compliments I got when I started wearing this. They were endless. I had a few strangers (not even joking) telling me they loved my lip color. It’s moisturizing with a glossy finish, and even though the color only lasts a couple hours, I love it. It’s got some reviews that say it’s sticky, and while I wouldn’t personally classify it as sticky, I can see where it gets that reputation. It’s almost sticky in my opinion, thick enough where for a moment I think it might be and then the feeling passes. It feels a bit gel-like when it’s first applied and re-applies well. You can’t really swatch drugstore colors, so be warned, the bottle color can be just a few shades off of the color you actually get.
- Elizabeth and James Nirvana Lipgloss in Nirvana Nude ($29). Don’t let the price tag fool you; the lipgloss itself isn’t $29, but as far as I know is only currently available in the Elizabeth and James Rollerball and lip sets (limited edition and currently on sale for $22). The Nirvana Black perfume has long been one of my favorite perfumes, and when I saw the rollerball set on sale (and wanted a few extra points, sue me) I made the purchase, not at all caring about the lipgloss. Or rather, not having much of an opinion. The set came, I tossed the rollerball in my purse and thought I’d hate the lipgloss color. But oh boy did it smell good. It smells just like chocolate, and I occasionally sit at my desk working on things and taking sniffs of it like a drug addict. The packaging is very classy and mature with the gold accents, the gloss is color-less but the perfect amount of gloss for a very natural look, and it goes great over anything or on it’s own. I’m not a fan of my natural lip color and usually rock at least tinted balm, but the way this glosses just makes my lips look flawless. DID I MENTION HOW LOVELY IT SMELLS!? This will also transition beautifully to fall, so WIN WIN WIN.